Subject: [Leica] M8 question #2: Barcoding lenses
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Sun Nov 23 14:04:23 2008

As I begin shopping for my M8.2, I realize that I must have my M lenses
barcoded.  I gather that it is required for the best performance of wide
lenses such as the 21mm ASPH, 28mm and 35mm Summicrons. What about for
longer lenses such as 50mm Summicron and 90mm Elmarit?  Last, what about
the Noctilux?  Which lenses are important to have barcoded?  At $175
each, I need to set priorities for which lenses I have coded first and
know if it might be a luxury for some others. I see that Tina sometimes
uses a 135mm lens on her M8 and no barcoding is available for that lens.

My main concern is optical performance not just recording which lens was
used for a particular photo.

All advice offered will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks... Ken Lassiter, Boynton Beach, FL

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M8 question #2: Barcoding lenses)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] M8 question #2: Barcoding lenses)