Subject: [Leica] Spanish names
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Thu Nov 6 09:21:36 2008

Am I repeating myself here?

My full last name is Arche de Estrada, and the 'Estrada' is a matronmyic; I
took may mother's full maiden name some years ago. 'Arche' may not sound
particularly Spanish - the Arche's moved to Spain from what is now the
Belgian-Dutch border sometime during the Orange wars. I only use the whole
thing on legal documents.

Ball is my father's surname, and as I did the legal change in mid-career I
go by Harvey Ball (or H.B.) Arche in most regular circumstances. If you
google harvey ball artist you'll see why I might want to avoid confusion.

I've also wondered if Lluis's name is more Catalan, perhaps, than Spanish?