Subject: [Leica] New member and photos now posted on LUG Gallery
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Nov 6 08:42:46 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Mr A-Z <ihatethebart@gmail.com> wrote:

> The photo from the gardens shows one 'issue' I am often fighting which is
> that I find that I focus an inch off what I want to be the main focus (in
> this case Amy's eyes). Not sure if it's the rangefinder or my eyes that
> needs to be re-aligned as just as often things are IN focus where I want
> it.
> Sigh. I guess a f/1.5 aperture doesn't leave much margin for error.

I have a very dim recollection of an "issue" at close focus with a Contax.

Find something close to focus on. Use the center of the rangefinder patch.

Then, once you have it aligned, move the camera slightly so that you
use the bottom right corner of the patch (or was it the upper left
corner? ... Either way, see if you get a different focus distance by
using that outer (and corner) section of the rangefinder patch.

This was only something that turned up at close distances. It could
very well be the problem.

When I use a Kiev (Contax clone) and focus on something about a meter
away, I have to focus the lens about an inch closer if I use the lower
right hand corner compared to using the area dead center in the
rangefinder patch.

Can't hurt to try.

Daniel