Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Grand Canyon
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Nov 4 17:48:05 2008

At 07:52 PM 11/4/2008, you wrote:
>Well given I've only done the Grand Canyon one time, I did find it exciting.
>Unfortunately as we arrived there was a blinding snow storm! The local folks
>were ecstatic! I was near tears because the snow was destroying those
>beautiful images I'd always admired from the canyon by other photographers
>for years.
>
>Good stuff Tina and looking forward to the next submission.
>
>ted

Thanks, Ted.  We were really lucky to be there at the best possible
time of year. The weather was absolutely perfect - chilly on the rim
and hot down below.  The sky was so blue, I was afraid it would look
artificial in the photos, but that's the actual blue of the
sky.  Nothing was done in PS except to spot out the dust that had
accumulated on my Leica sensors.  One of them had loads of dust!  I
said when I finally got back to the rim after hiking 12 hours
straight up, that I'd been there and done that and would never do it
again.  Tom told me I would forget the bad parts and remember the
good and be ready to go again someday.  I hate to admit it but he was
right.  And when I do go again, I want to go in October.  However,
right now, just looking at the photos exhausts me and makes my legs ache!!

I've put up a few more and will continue to add them as I finish them.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMGS: Grand Canyon)