Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Grand Canyon
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Nov 4 16:51:36 2008

Tina Manely showed:

http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/6462442_TavDM#409899175_B2Ln6-A-LB

>>C&C greatly appreciated.  All M8, usually 24/2.8, 35/2 or 12/4.5.<<<

Well OK eh! C&C really eh? And appreciated eh? :-)

That's Canadian talk for those who don't understand the "eh!" ;-)

OK my all time favourite Southern Lady photographer, I have a minor comment
to make about your series as shown and you say you have many more to come?
Oh my Gawd! I'm going to quit and go back to finger painting! ;-)

Well given I've only done the Grand Canyon one time, I did find it exciting.
Unfortunately as we arrived there was a blinding snow storm! The local folks
were ecstatic! I was near tears because the snow was destroying those
beautiful images I'd always admired from the canyon by other photographers
for years.

You couldn't hardly see 50 feet in front of you, let alone see the Grand
Canyon! :-(

However, I thought what I shot during the following week was interesting,
but right now the bon fire is warming up for the Leica burn of the year! :-)
OK don't panic folks I'm just making a point. :-)

You dear lady have done yourself proud with such a broad base of images
you've posted and I'm in great anticipation of the next batch you post!

Maybe next year you could do a Leica presentation at the Seminar. "How to
shoot the Grand Canyon and survive?"

Me? Hell I'll stay in the shadows! :-)

Good stuff Tina and looking forward to the next submission.

Cheers,

ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGS: Grand Canyon)