Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 1 18:19:30 2008

Ken Carney

>OK, is it possible to obtain Leica lenses that will work with Canon SLR
>cameras?  I'm used to manual focusing and exposure.  Thx for any
>information.

Many Canon users are getting simple adapters to put Leica-R lenses on Canon
cameras.  There are also some chipped adapters that enable electronic focus
confirmation.  There are some issues you might have to work out, for example
exposure metering accuracy varies as you stop the lens down, and unless your
camera's mirror box and viewscreen are particularly well-adjusted, accurate
focus on the viewscreen and accurate focus on the image plane can be
different and will need some adjustment.  AFAIK the mirror box accuracy is
much more reliable with the 1-series bodies.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] R10 news)