Subject: [Leica] R10 news
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sat Nov 1 05:44:23 2008

Carl Zeiss makes still camera lenses because they fancy doing it. A single
motion picture lens sells for more than probably the entire Zeiss Nikon
mount output.  Every optician in these parts sell Zeiss lenses.  The company
is quite diversified, similar to the old E. Leitz.

If what I've been reading is correct, Leica's Wetzlar Park will move the
firm back into diversity.  Nothing I've read indicates the firm is hanging
hopes for the future on three products.

--
Regards,

Sonny