Subject: [Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed Oct 29 17:21:26 2008

Japanese companies like to keep the very best for the home market. The Grand
Seiko (automatic and spring drive) watch line is just one example of this.

There are many others.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada> From: red735i@earthlink.net> To: lug@leica-users.org>
Subject: RE: [Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:44:08
-0700> > It never fails to amaze me how Japanese companies unilaterally
decide what> to offer where in the world.... many times, in spite of market
demand.....> > I worked for a Major Japanese IC company. They decided, in
advance, that> there was no market for some products in the USA. However
there was an> absolutely booming market in grey market importation in those
products......> > I never could figure out if it was pride, fear of being
wrong, wrong> business acumen, or just plain arrogance on their part.> > And
then they get upset at grey market imports, put on ridiculous warranty>
exclusions, and basically treat their customers like dirt.> > More power to
Leica that is currently treating us better than usual......> maybe they want
our business?> > Frank Filippone> red735i@earthlink.net> > > > no mark, he
did not lie, mamiya also made a new all digital body> called the mamiya zd
that was never imported to us. what see for sale> is the zd back attached to
the 645 and sold as kit> > > > >