Subject: [Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 29 09:38:07 2008

WOW the Mamiya guy lied!
I see it on the B&H pure cane camera site!

Mamiya
645ZD Digital System - ZD 22 Digital Back, 645AFD II Camera Body and Normal
80mm f/2.8 AutoFocus Lens

more info
Mfr # 310-100B&H # MAZD22KAvailability: In Stock

For the hysterically funny price of $9,999.00

Why not sell it for $9,999.99?
More outright prolonged laughter.

I assume the Mamiya guy at the Mamiya booth told me this because they are
not long for this world. At least hemisphere.

For this kind of money...
I'd just get the Leica S.
Make an S outa myself.

I asked Christian Erhardt, Marketing Manager of Leica as he stood there in a
corner of the 3rd floor of Bergdorf Goodman last Monday during a posh event
with his Leica S around his neck (a loaner maybe)
If the lenes were made for the S system obligingly by Fuji!?!

I was just thinking out loud really underscoring a point in my own head as
for 10 or 20 grand usd you get a camera with the name "Hasselblad" on it and
nice glass from Fuji. Oh boy!
Nice glass but not great glass.
Mamiya glass is just groovy as well.
Nothing wrong with it.
You just don't want to send it in a time capsule to the moon.

The Leica s glass you would.
And you wouldn't even need dissonant.

My preverbal question repeats and repeats in my ear....

"Great camera! What about the glass?"

I really look at the glass first.
If I have time left over...
I check out the whiz bang camera body.