Subject: [Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed Oct 29 11:44:18 2008

It never fails to amaze me how Japanese companies unilaterally decide what
to offer where in the world....  many times, in spite of market demand.....

I worked for a Major Japanese IC company.  They decided, in advance, that
there  was no market for some products in the USA.  However there was an
absolutely booming market in grey market importation in those products......

I never could figure out if it was pride, fear of being wrong, wrong
business acumen, or just plain arrogance on their part.

And then they get upset at grey market imports, put on ridiculous warranty
exclusions, and basically treat their customers like dirt.

More power to Leica that is currently treating us better than usual......
maybe they want our business?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

no mark, he did not lie, mamiya also made a new all digital body
called the mamiya zd that was never imported to us. what see for sale
is the zd back attached to the 645 and sold as kit

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....)
Message from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....)