Subject: [Leica] Roman Art in Oklahoma
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:22:44 2008

Thanks, I enjoyed the exhibit and it was so well lighted.

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but this exhibit encompasses art
from most of the Roman Empire, including Britain, Germany, and North Africa.
The pieces I showed are a tiny bit of the exhibit.

I think almost all early Christian (Church)  art is Roman and Greek
derived.  It is very rare to see statues of any kind in churches other than
Roman Catholic, even the Eastern Orthodox churches tend to have icons;
mosaics, paintings and tapestry.

Churches formed (or reformed) after the fall of the Western Roman Empire,
like the Anglican Church, tend to blend a little bit of Roman, but again no
*pesel**  *or* *"Graven Images".

 I'm not a very religious person, but I'm a spiritual Christian and I like
to visit interesting churches; some of the best art and the best music I've
experienced is there.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com