Subject: [Leica] Scam, but how?
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Sep 28 14:05:49 2008

We were on a bridge in Paris, when a guy came up bent down a meter or so
away, picked up a heavy gold ring and tried to give it to me, intimating
that it must be mine. I refused it, and thought it was odd. Was it a scam?
He acted quite annoyed we did not take it.

Next day the same scenario occurred at the Place de la Concorde. First a
girl, only this time I was more aware and noted that she was holding the
ring before putting it down and picking it up. I just waved her away and she
kept going, then 100 meters further another, then 30 minutes later I saw
someone doing it to someone else.

We did not lose anything, but does anyone know where this scam goes if you
take the ring?

Just curious

Cheers

Alastair