Subject: [Leica] did someone just get burned on ebay?
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Sat Sep 27 18:13:47 2008

Doug:

Fair is fair.  I suspect every man and woman on this forum (and
others) can cite with startling detail the thing(s) they sold and wish
they had back.

But as it is said; "that was then and this is now".  The APO Extender
is yours, fair and square.

Besides; in your hands it has supported some superb images.

Bob

On Sep 27, 2008, at 8:29 AM, wildlightphoto@earthlink.net wrote:

Philip Leeson <pjleeson@mchsi.com> wrote:

> Does seem too good to be true, new seller, zero feedback.
> Someone just got screwed....
> Just don't know which side, though.
>
> Phil
>
> On Sep 27, 2008, at 8:17 AM, Eric Korenman wrote:
>
>> I was watching this auction right up to the end.
>> I almost jumped, but it was just way to good to be true.
>> Anyone else see this?
>> http://tinyurl.com/48x56z

I bought my 1.4x APO Extender (BIN, $500) from a new ebay seller with
zero feedback.  Several of the items he was selling such as his
modular APO-Telyt system were well below market value.  He priced them
low in order to get quick positive feedback.  I didn't just jump on
the extender, I e-mailed the seller first and got a lot of information
about him, why he was selling, checked his photo website and decided
he was legit.  Money sent, extender arrived in record time, I posted
feedback before his other auctions ended.

You know what they say about selling a Leica... eventually you'll buy
it back.  The seller now regrets selling his R system and begged me to
sell the 1.4x APO back to him.  Not going to happen :)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com