Subject: [Leica] a serious question
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Sep 25 08:36:50 2008

At 11:11 AM 9/25/2008, you wrote:
>  Most
>working photographers who are serious enough to own a Leica can't
>afford that kind of down-time and also can't afford a second body.
>I saved up for months to buy my first M2 and two used lenses. Most
>people just don't rationalize that kind of expense on a camera. THAT is
>why Leica can't compete and remains the imaging tool for the rich
>connoisseur (as viewed by the non-leica-owning populace.)
>PhilFo

Most working photographers know that they have to have backup
systems, use the tools they need to give them the best results, and
expect their work to pay for those tools.  There are a lot of
professionals using Leicas and I expect there will be more with the
S2.  My M8s paid for themselves very quickly.  I wouldn't have them
if they hadn't.  I'm certainly not a rich connoisseur either!!  I'll
economize other ways but not on my cameras and lenses.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] a serious question)