Subject: [Leica] a serious question
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed Sep 24 23:44:18 2008

Because there is no logical reason that a manual focus 50mm lens should
cost $5000. Most other Leica lenses cost upwards of $3k as well for
modern optics. This is why they continue to be able to play on the
world market with companies like Canon and Nikon. Leica's M8 may be
nice but it's only 1/3 the camera that an EOS 5D is, and for the price
of the M8, you can get the EOS with a lens. I can go on & on. I love
the film bodies, love the old lenses, will never afford the new ones
and probably have no reason to anyways.
As long as Leica continues to cater to its core constituency with
making innovations for the next generation, they will always be on the
rocks.
Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] a serious question)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] a serious question)