Subject: Drowning men - was Re: [Leica] Surprises at Photokina
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Sep 14 19:54:30 2008

Well in my case I happen to have both the 21 and 24 ASPH Elmarits they
really are a matched set and I grab the wrong one sometimes and use it
before I realize I put the wrong one on. So grabbing the 21 instead of the
24 would be no big deal. Problem is what you do when you wanted the effect
of the full 21. You'd need to get something wider. Which sooner or later id
do anyway. My way of getting into digital was to go Nikon. And I ended up
shooting wider than 21 pretty fast. Going digital got me into ultrawide as
in wider than 21. Would not have happened I don't think if digital didn't
happen for me.

I've said the same many a time
"The M9 had better be full frame...."
But I really think it needs to be soon.
Maybe Leica will surprise as and the M8.2 will be full frame.
With all this other amazing news it would fit right in.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner