Subject: Drowning men - was Re: [Leica] Surprises at Photokina
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Sep 14 21:36:47 2008

Frank what are you trying to say there on angle of view?
To approximate the field of view of a 24mm on an M6 you need an 18mm on the
M8 models.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/101813580
Most fellow M8 users that I have spoken to M8 aren't bothered by the 'crop
factor'. On DoF, an on-line calculator (at 2 metres) confirms what you said.
But that's an apples and oranges thing.
My view is that performance wide open (and that's 2 extra stops) is much
more important than DoF when it comes to wides.  Obviously inherently they
have a LOT. Bless their versatile hyper focal hearts.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/