Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Tue Jul 22 07:30:44 2008

Clearly the software cannot reveal data which does not
exist but the algorithms to correct chromatic
aberation from Nikon D3 and D300 files, which are
unique to Nikon Capture will result in better prints
than conversions done by other software if the lens in
use has notable CA.
Colour balance and handling of dynamic range are also
easily influenced by the software. However, if the
detail, dynamic range, sharpness etc are better then
the potential print will be better. In fact the raw
file is like a negative and the software like the
enlarging/print development process.
I get better prints from digital than I did from 40+
years in the darkroom, whether that says more for my
aptitude in the darkroom or not.......
I have film and film cameras but pretty well never
feel like using them, sadly, just a panoramic very
occasionally.
Frank