Subject: [Leica] 28/3.5 Color -Skopar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jul 17 23:13:50 2008

A gorgeous lens I was just checking it out
http://manfred-lai.blogspot.com/2007/08/color-skopar-28mm-f35.html

Love that slow glass!
Compact!
Light!
Cheap!
Sharp!
Tiny outside air to glass area!
Low key!
Probalby can forgo a hood.

Though a little dark when you look though the viewfinder.
Ooops!
And that's what makes it our secret weapon as rangefinder camera users.
We don't need fast glass just to make it easier to focus and see through.

By far the best bang for the buck.
Leica needs to get into some slow glass for us folks who look to talk long
walks in the rain all day our cameras and have money left over for a latte.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner