Subject: [Leica] New Series
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Jul 17 22:54:02 2008

Yes, that is one Spanish tradition that I never plan to adopt. I
watched the running of the bulls in Pamplona live on TV last Sunday,
and I was disgusted rather than thrilled.

Having said that, I agree with Sonny that Neil's pictures suffer from
being shot from the stands. Looking at the exif, he is using a point
and shoot, and I suspect that the images are heavily cropped to give
an illusion of being really close. I think that if I were to do a
series on bullfighting, I would focus more on the spectators and
perhaps the preparations and aftermath of the bullfight, when you can
(I assume) get closer to the participants and capture the
concentration, apprehension and whatever other emotions they exhibit
before the bullfight.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain