Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cricket team photos
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Jul 18 00:46:42 2008

These are not great art, but they do give another vignette into life
on Spain's Mediterranean coast. One day a couple of weeks ago, while
chatting with one of my English colleagues at work, I learned that we
have a cricket team at the office, called the Intellectuals. The name
is quite good, considering that the business of our office is to
register pan-EU trademarks and designs, i.e. intellectual property. So
now I am the semi-official team photog. They play on Sunday afternoons
against other teams composed largely of exiled Brits, with some other
colonials and the odd Spaniard thrown in. The Intellectuals usually
lose but they still have a good time. It is all very sporting,
otherwise it just wouldn't be cricket, would it?

My first task as the team's photographer was to take some team photos
last Sunday, following yet another honourable loss:
http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/5462355_PJs8h#333949611_CtaW2

A very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon in the sun (the usual
cricket paraphenalia, especially cold lager, were available in
abundance).

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain