Subject: [Leica] I left my Leica on a train
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue Jul 15 16:33:43 2008

Never lost a Leica but I did leave an Stylus on the monorail at Disney
World once.   I tried to go back against the flow of other passengers
to retrieve it but was stopped by the guides, you know those all so
helpful, couldn't be nicer, sweet as candy, "helpers" Disney employs?
Just try going against the crowd flow there sometime.  You'll
experience the tough as nails Nazi that hides under the cute costume
as I did.   Stopped me cold.  That's the end of that, I figured.

But, this being Disney World, a bit of the honest mid-West in Central
FL, the camera was there in the Lost and Found the next morning.  ...
couldn't have been more surprised.  :-)

Also left a whole camera bag, Leica M3, Nikon F3 and lenses, also a
wallet, passport and other "trivial" stuff, in the trunk of a taxi in
Amsterdam once.   Fortunately a quick minded dispatcher was standing
nearby and the cab was back in moments.   Phew!

Regards,

Dick