Subject: [Leica] OT: I screwed up my new iMac :-(
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jul 12 03:32:33 2008

Hi Nathan,
I have used the Migration Assistant three times now, once from G4
laptop to Intel laptop using OS10.4 and twice from G4 powermac to G5
powermac to Intel Macpro each of these changing from OSX 10.3 to 10.4
to 10.5 whilst I am sure some unnecessary dross has been carried over
I had no problems of compatibility - I would have thought that that
would have been a primary objective of Apple with this software since
ease of upgrade is the objective.
For me, the easy migration from old to new Mac is one of the best
features of the Mac OS, along with spotlight the saviour of the untidy
filer!
cheers,
Frank