Subject: [Leica] OT: I screwed up my new iMac :-(
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan)
Date: Sat Jul 12 00:27:52 2008

Thanks guys, I am running it as we speak (the initial Verify
Permission did find a bunch of problems). Hopefully that will do it,
otherwise it will be time to reinstall OSX.

I think part of the problem is the Migration Assistant I used when
setting up the iMac initially a couple of weeks ago. I suspect that
some of the settings transferred from my Powerbook running Tiger are
not 100% compatible with Leopard. If I end up having to reinstall
OSX, I will wipe the iMac clean and just reinstall my applications
individually (and transfer the data manually). More work, but
probably a cleaner install.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 12-jul-2008, at 7:28, Brian Reid wrote:

> Disk Utility has a "Repair Permissions" function. Use it.

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu