Subject: [Leica] M8 discount in Europe - somethings up!
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Jul 13 01:02:52 2008

Quite so, but currency values have been changing quite rapidly in
recent months, the dollar against the pound has varied from around
$2.45 to $1.25 over the time I have been visiting the US, it is now
around $2.00. Leicas are still the only cameras more or less as
expensive in the US as the UK, the Japanese makes have always been
much cheaper in the US than here.
The Leica rebate in the UK is ?500, that is about $1000 or 635 Euros.
Clearly if I want another M8 I should get it in Europe ;-)
cheers,
Frank