Subject: [Leica] Projectors......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Jul 1 14:19:11 2008

Over the years, I had a B+H Slide Cube projector, and later "acquired" a
Kodak Projector.  The B+H was nice because the cubes held a lot of slides,
densely.  But performance was never great.  The Kodak was maybe better image
wise, but the density storage was worse.  At least the Kodak had the ability
to use a batch mode, where the slides are put in a hopper and fed one at a
time.  Storage density went up a lot.

But lately I wanted something more.... a better quality projector with
optics to match my Leica Slides.  I decided on a Leica Pradovit.  That
auction site provided opportunity, and I struck.... $12.  Pradovit N24 in
like new shape with a bunch of trays.  The lens is the 50 Elmaron.

What a performer..... first, in controls.... I never had seen a remote
focusing situation that cycles through sharp focus and out again..... you
stop when it is sharp.  Second and most important in optical performance....
A nice bright, sharp image that is projected with that 50mm lens so that in
the home, in short distances to the screen, the image is nice and big.

Now to sort all those old slides and eliminate those of "lesser"
quality.......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from mknawabi at gmail.com (Yama Nawabi) ([Leica] Projectors......)