Subject: [Leica] question on paper profiling
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jun 12 16:49:52 2008

Ken, really do your sums before you consider the 2400 over the 3800. I don't
print bigger than 13x19 either, although it is nice to have the ability to
go bigger if I want to, occasionally. I agree that the 2400 will do equally
well in output quality. The big difference is in the amount of ink that
comes with the printer. With the much larger ctgs that come with the 3800 it
is actually cheaper than the 2400 and the same amount of ink by quite a
margin. Locally at least the amount of ink that comes with the 3800 is
nearly 50% of the cost of the printer. Jayanand is talking about prices for
the RIP that he uses of course. If you decide to get a new printer, you can
use just the Epson software and/or Quadtone RIP (USD 50 I think) initially.
Then you could decide if another (more expensive) RIP was warranted. I don't
have any experience there.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e