Subject: [Leica] A lot of DMR attention
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu May 29 16:27:19 2008

-----Original Message-----
Subject: RE: [Leica] A lot of DMR attention

Geoff offered:

WARNING, please disregard post if speculation annoys you.
I was just checking my subscription to LFI when I noticed an ad for the
LFI issue to correspond with Photokina. What should I see in the issue index
but:
Cover photo by DMR/R9
Photographer with DMR/R9 article on aesthetic imagery
R system digital article
Photojournalist article about why he loves his digital R
R lenses, the heart of the R system.
Photographer article on experimentation with DMR by landscape photographer

Whatever can these mean!!
Go ahead and get all unsettled and speculative you R guys!

Oh Geeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz Geoff,

Now you've opened a can of big hairy worms! :-)
Damn for the next 4 months it'll be absolutely the wildest speculations,
rumors by the bushel, technical hype numbers with more speculations, lots of
"I heard from a reliable source stories."
At least 8 hundred thousand suggestions of "what I want in the new Leica
R9." Followed by all the, "What I don't want in the new Leica R9." Oh the
crying, wailing and weeping will be heard the world over. :-(
Global Warming? It'll be a summer from hell.
Only to be followed with it was all a big wild campaign for the fun of it to
see how many LUGITTES would swallow the bait hook line and sinker! :-) :-)
:-)
Oh my gosh how am I ever going to sleep tonight with the weight of this news
clamping on my poor pea pickin' brain? :-) The HORROR of it all!
How could you? Oh the pain!
The end is near! :-)
If only Leica kept absolutely silent, made 1,000,000 R type digital cameras
with super fantastic auto-focus lenses and shipped them about the world.
Then offered a special deal, " first 1000 customers to purchase receive the
lens of their choice free!" OK I'm dreaming! :-)
The publicity from that alone would be worth $10,000,000 in immediate sales
over night. Well OK so I'm exaggerating slightly, but I bet it would open a
great number of eyes and wallets!
I know dream on ted, it ain't going to happen! :-)

Ted

Hi Ted, glad you took my teasing the R guys so calmly and even kicked off
the speculation ;-) I don't know what we'll talk about once Photokina has
actually come and gone! Maybe the wrongful dismissal case that Steven Lee is
reportedly bringing.
There's a big PMA photo show here on the weekend. I must grill the guy from
Solms for all of the goss. Stand by for News at 11.
Personally I think that the whole LFI magazine DMR issue is an obituary!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/