Subject: [Leica] RE: Orphan Works - . A MUST READ EVERYONE! :-( DON'T CRYLATER
From: gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton)
Date: Tue May 13 14:38:17 2008

I got this [see below] from Congressman Cooper in Tennessee, but have not
heard from either Senator that I wrote to on same day [May7]

Dear Mr. Pinkerton: Thank you for getting in touch to express your views on
H.R. 5889, the Orphan Works Act.  I know that as an artist intellectual
property rights are extremely important to you. I appreciate your hard work,
and I understand your concerns.
Especially in a city like Nashville where art and music are so ingrained in
our daily life, it is all the more important to give artists and musicians
the legal tools they need to decide how and when their artwork is displayed,
reproduced, and appreciated by the public. H.R. 5889 would address "orphan
works" that may still be subject to copyright protection but whose owners
cannot be located. I understand your concerns about the implications of this
bill and I will be sure to keep your comments in mind if it comes to a vote
on the floor. It is currently under consideration by the House Committee on
the Judiciary. Thanks again for writing. I hope to hear from you again soon.
Sincerely, Jim CooperMember of Congress

Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] RE: Orphan Works - . A MUST READ EVERYONE! :-( DON'T CRYLATER)