Subject: [Leica] RE: Orphan Works - . A MUST READ EVERYONE! :-( DON'T CRYLATER
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 12 21:34:33 2008

After reviewing the Orphan Works Bill, I wrote to both of my senators and
my
congressman yesterday expressing my opposition to it.

To my surprise, I received this reply from Sen. Diane Feinstein  today:

Dear Mr.  Silverman:

Thank you for writing to me about orphan  works copyright legislation. I
appreciate hearing from you.
America's copyright industry  is one of our most important economic engines,
and giving artists the incentive  to produce their works is vital to our
country. As I am sure you know, the creative  process is so important that
our
Founding Fathers put copyright protection into  the U.S. Constitution. That
is why
I feel so strongly that we must continue to  give copyrighted works the
protection they  deserve.
I understand your concerns  regarding the status of orphan works, and I
believe that all artists should be  able to maintain their right to be
compensated
for their hard work. Please know  that if the Senate considers legislation
that affects orphan works I  will be sure to keep  your thoughts and
concerns in
mind.
Again, thank you for writing. If you should have any further comments or
questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, DC staff at
(202)
224-3841 or _http://feinstein.senate.gov_ (http://feinstein.senate.gov) .
Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein