Subject: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon May 5 22:53:28 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:41 AM, Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>  I am trying to
>  scan, at low resolution,

I've never scanned at low resolution, but I think this is where your problem
is.

If you scan at low resolution, you are asking the scanner to throw
away information. It better be pretty good software (there isn't any)
to figure out the right information to throw away.

So it just throws stuff away and you get a soft, unsaturated scan. But
that is what you asked for too, so ... everyone should be happy.

To get the best out of a scanner, you have to let it do it's best.
It's that simple.

Daniel

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!)