Subject: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat May 3 16:41:41 2008

As Ansel said ( or paraphrased )..... What do you want the end result to be?
Pick your game plan to get that result.

I do not question that you are right..... scanning is not fun.  However, I
am not trying to scan thousands of negs ready for printing... I am trying to
scan, at low resolution,  many thousands of negatives, taken over a period
of many years, and select out those that should deserve printing.  Those
relatively few negs will then be scanned at high res for printing.

Yes, the wet darkroom is fantastic.... but even using digital for what it
does best.... cataloging, easy accessibility, selecting... is my aim.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!)