Subject: [Leica] Nikon Coolscan 4000 Users.... I need help!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat May 3 14:37:07 2008

VueScan (shudder) will allow you to capture the raw output of the
scanner to a file. From there you can do anything  you want with it.
For your use this might be the right thing because you'll then be able
to preview all your images and only mess around with the ones you want
to make presentable. If you could modify, say, the intensity of the
LEDs in the scanner for every frame scanned then this wouldn't work -
but that's not how it works. So you might really find that ViewScan
works. And the interface may make more sense to you than it does to me
(none).

The product is supported, updated frequently, and bug reports seem to
be acted upon promptly.

Adam