Subject: [Leica] CAUGHT IN... Williamsburg
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Sat Mar 8 01:53:48 2008

> The best bagels in my neighborhood are made by
> a nice Japanese couple right up the street on
Broadway
> around 108th. Absolute Bagels

Mr. Thongkrieng is Thai, not Japanese.   Only one of a
number of Thai immigrant bagel makers upholding the
best standards of traditional NYC bagel shops. The
main thing is to be true to the original recipes (no
added sugar) and boil the dough before baking (I
prefer bien cuit).  Let's hear it for Portuguese-made
Leicas and Japanese-made Zeiss lenses.

Peter.
SF, CA

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs