Subject: [Leica] CAUGHT IN... Williamsburg
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Mar 12 16:19:54 2008

> Mark:
>
> Since I'm sucha baseball guy...what can you tell us about your memories of
> the 1955 World Series (maybe not much??) and then the exodus to Los Angeles
> in 1957.  I'm always interested in that time in baseball history when the
> Giants and the Dodgers make their way west. You must have some good
> memories
> of Ebbets Field??
>
> Any thoughts on Robert Moses v. Walter O'Malley?
>
> Robert

My childhood memories are about people talking about baseball.
World serieses the Yankees against the Dodgers year after year.
There were no other teams.
There were no other topics of conversation.
Nothing existed outside of NY.
I liked Mickey Mantle and the Yankees.
Probably because at the age of 7 or 8 that was a name I could remember as it
was drilled into my head every five minutes. And I hoped he could beat Babe
Ruth.
And I did have his baseball card.
Most people were for the Dodgers. This was in Roslyn heights, Long island
Second half of the 50's.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com