Subject: [Leica] LUG convention: SF?
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Wed Mar 5 17:03:20 2008

I'll second any nominations for SF and the Bay Area.
It's a popular destination rich with photo-friendly
venues for seeing and making pictures, it's easy to
get to from anywhere, spouse friendly, offers a wide
range of accommodation choices, great food (but not
noted for gumbo), and good weather when the rest of
the world is shivering or roasting (our best season:
Sept/Oct, but Nov/Dec are still relatively fine).  The
Bay Area LUG has been active in the past (in Y2K, we
got two dozen local and 2 Canadian Luggers together
for dinner; also a big international LUG dinner
gathering when LHSA had its annual mtg in SF).  This
could be co-ordinated not to conflict with other
upcoming events, such as Photokina and the LHSA mtg.
Any takers for an organizing committee -- Brian R, Ken
I, Doug H?  I'd pitch in toward critical mass.

Peter.
SF, CA

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.