Subject: [Leica] A shot, unmanipulated, from the 35/1.4 Nokton
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 6 18:20:07 2008

> http://www.400tx.com/nokton1.html
> http://www.400tx.com/nokton2.html
>
> It's a very nice lens. Nice contrast and sharpness wide open.

I'd like to know what book that is she's reading on the printer.
Looks like a page turner.
No put downer.

The shot to me needs some contrast.

The color version to me is not a color version.
Its a highly desaturated color version.

And I don't think its so good to throw up a completely unsharpened image.

To me sharpening an image is such an important part of image making in the
digital realm that do not do so at all tells doesn't tell us much about what
we're looking at. An unsharpened shot looks WAY out of focus. You can even
tell at these low rezes.
Put us in the ballpark and give us some slight sharpening so we can tell
what the heck is going on!

It really is very dull looking on my screen like you never even saw the
histogram and tweaked it. Some of those grays need to separate.

I bet its a thriller! (the book)

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] A shot, unmanipulated, from the 35/1.4 Nokton)