Subject: [Leica] A shot, unmanipulated, from the 35/1.4 Nokton
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Fri Mar 7 07:44:53 2008

I really did want to give the folks an unadulterated image to show
what sort of raw material this lens produces. Certainly, it is not the
same quality as a 35/1.4 Summilux, but keep in mind that you can buy 6
of the 35/1.4 Noktons for the price of one Summilux, and still have
money left over to buy lens hoods.

As for the bokeh, I think that trying to juggle nice bokeh with
sharpness and lack of aberrations can be a compromise situation. I
find the bokeh on the new Nokton to be acceptable for the most part,
better than average.

Jeffery