Subject: [Leica] New DSLR combo smaller than a M6
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Mar 6 14:52:19 2008

> Didier,
>
> I just took a short trip to Washington DC. I had my D200 and M6. I used
> the M6 a lot. The D200 rarely left the car. It was just too bulky. I was
> all set to get a D300. Now I've decided to wait until Nikon introduces a
> D40x sized body with D300 performance. OTOH, this Olympus looks
> interesting. I like the lens options -- wide-to-normal zoom and small
> faster prime. I'm not quite sold on the 4/3 format....yet.
>
> Didier

I think they just did last month
The D60
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08012910nikond60.asp

You can use the older lenses on it with metering unlike the D40.
http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25438/D60.html
And maybe they AF the non AFS glass I don't know that doest affect me.

Until Leica comes out with a DSLR
And or an M digital body which the bugs out
Its the Leica D40x, Leica D200 and maybe Leica D60 for me. It will have to
do.

Especially when I'm using non AF Ai glass.

I feel like I'm working with classic gear.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] New DSLR combo smaller than a M6)