Subject: [Leica] IMG: Original scans
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed Jan 2 16:04:40 2008

Tina,

What scanner and software are you using?  I scan my old Kodachromes on a
lowly Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 with Nikon software, and don't see any
issues (except for long scan times with 16-bit and 16x sampling), assuming I
hit the exposure within reason.  These slides look very challenging - I'm
not sure it is possible to recover the shadow detail, short of going back in
time.  If you are desperate and bored, you might try scanning different
exposures and processing in Photomatix Pro.  It probably won't work.

Ken