Subject: [Leica] WTB: DR or Rigid Summicron mount
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Nov 3 06:12:51 2007

Len, Vick

I'm allways interested by the comments about the Summicron DR, AFAIK I think
that the qualities of this one are exactly the same as the "Rigid". Some
time ago I had a Rigid Summicron I've sold it because it has some fungus and
haze, just one year ago I was wondering and remembering the smoothness of
this lens and I've bought a Summicron Collapsible and a Summitar.

IMO the Rigid was slighltly different and better, it gaves a certain
smoothnes, and a great wide range of grey tones. Time to time I'm still
thinking to buy a Rigid again to increase my 50 collection (no so big as the
one of Jeffery), but I'm not decided because the difference will be no very
big, on the other hand the Collapsible is a nice toy to carry allways the
camera, and finally, for me (I had an accident on my left hand many years
ago) the Rigid is more usable because it is tabbed and as said I think it
gives the same quality as the DR, could you give me your opinion on this
aspect?

What I can say in favour of the Rigid is that the pictures I've obtained
with it with favorable light conditions for it (not back light) was uniques.

Thanks,
Saludos cordiales
Luis