Subject: [Leica] WTB: DR or Rigid Summicron mount
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Nov 2 20:05:01 2007

Hi Vick,

I only have the bayonet collapsible Summicron and find it much softer
wide open then the DR and Rigid versions. I would expect the LTM
version to be about the same. I keep wondering if I have a bad one
though since my Summitar is much better.   The DR has the highest
resolution of any 50mm lens that I own, better then the current
version. However the contrast is lower then the current versions
which look sharper. To me that's what gives the DR's that special
look. The collapsible is lower contrast yet. I use all of my LTM
lenses on my M bodies including the M8. Don't get rid of yours. You
can't get the same look from another lens using PS.

Len