Subject: [Leica] WTB: DR or Rigid Summicron mount
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri Nov 2 16:32:49 2007

Wanted to Buy:

Does anyone have a DR Summicron with missing, broken, or otherwise
unusable glass? If so, would you be willing to sell it to me for a
reasonable price? You can keep the lens head. Appearance doesn't matter as
long as the mount works well.

WHY:  The DR Summicron is one of my favorite lenses.  Unfortunately, it
can't be used on the M8 without cutting off the close-focus cam.  I would
rather not do that to the original mount. So I am hoping to pick up a
second compatible mount that I could get "altered" for the M8.

What also might work: A Rigid Summicron mount whose original lens head had
the number "19" scratched somewhere on the black inner barrel (only
visible if you unscrew the lens head). This would probably work without
alteration. But given conflicting information I've received about
compatibility, I'd want to try a Rigid mount before committing to buy it.

Yes, I know I could sell my DR and buy a Rigid, but would rather not. Yes,
I've been watching That Auction Site.

Thanks!
--Peter

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] WTB: DR or Rigid Summicron mount)