Subject: [Leica] M3/CL first comparisons
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Sep 26 22:06:36 2007

Hi Charlie,

The CL is a wonderful camera if you learn to live within its
limitations, the most important of which is, as you allude to, the short
base of the rangefinder, which makes the longer lenses basically
unusable unless you shoot at infinity. So I would not bother with the
135mm Hektor, and not even with the 90mm Elmar C which was meant for the
CL but which in my experience rarely focused on target. During 2003 and
2004 I used a couple of CLs with a 40mm Summicron C and a 21mm Color
Skopar to take most of the pictures in my Seville gallery:
http://www.frozenlight.eu/fotosevilla/

There is something nice and liberating about a tiny and light camera
bag, and only a limited choice of lenses.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands