Subject: [Leica] M3/CL first comparisons
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Tue Sep 25 21:44:28 2007

I bankrolled expanding my kit by selling the 2/35 goggled 'cron.
Nice lens, but the goggles made it so ungainly, I rarely used it.
It's a collector item, anyway.  I was happier with a VC 1,4/40 Nokton
off RFF which fit nicely betwixt the far edges of the M3 finder.  I'm
gonna have to think about trimming the Nokton hood to keep from
blocking the small rf window on the CL.  I know just the guy to do
it.  Besides, the diminutive finder patch on the CL needs all the
help it can get. Thankfully, no desilvering. I don't need to send my
camera on holiday to Luton.

Another lucky shot like last time? Powerball has better odds.
Besides, Frank would hunt me down for spite.  That doesn't mean I
have not kept another M body off my mental 'want' list.  The only
advantage is that the Domke only holds so much, and there are many
mouths to feed here at Droolassic Park. I'll CLA everything over the
next several months and shoot until the heart or the film runs out.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome: We're fighting the cure.

Rgds,

Charlie