Subject: [Leica] Full Harvest Moon
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed Sep 26 17:05:38 2007

On 9/26/07, Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks, guys.
>
> Say; wouldn't that be the Moonie 16 rule?

It would be, except you are photographing neutral mooscape washed in
Sunlight.   That is a starting point because it is hard to tell how much
light pollution is in the atmosphere. Phillipe is  correct in that  the moon
moves pretty fast, so you should use a relatively high ISO, or adjust your
shutter speed and compensate with a larger f stop.

I don't think he's correct that as it rises it moves faster, it is just that
you have a reference point. Similarly, the moon high in the sky is the same
diameter as at the horizon.    At the horizon btw, it is likely to be f11 or
even f8, because of atmospheric interference.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com