Subject: [Leica] New Yorker fact checkers
From: phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Sun Sep 23 14:19:40 2007

(calling) : Mark!
(whispering to Mark's ear) : There's no baking powder, no soda in
pancakes. Just barley flour, water, and that's all. Maybe a little fat,
but I'll check on that with a Breton I know.
(loud) : Sounds interesting, indeed! Some people experiment lots of
things these days. I myself, usually only use eggs, salted butter, milk,
and wheat flour. But in truth, I must admit that people in Britanny say
I don't know a thing about pancakes. Well, so says my daughter's friend.

Enjoy your pannequets, whatever the recipe, Mark.
Good to share the addiction with you in any case.
Ever had chesnut cream with them?

Yours
Phil...x