Subject: [Leica] The Enduring Populatity of Film
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Wed Sep 19 14:22:19 2007

Perhaps not the least part of the equation is the personal desire,
passion and joy. Just like many others (and in particular on Leica
forum) its my pleasure to use fine gear, precise mechanics, even though
realizing that it will probably not going to make me better
photographer. But I feel good holding a piece of precision and
reliability in my hand (given one can afford such) and if I get a worthy
images with it - this is a very nice asset.
Obviously, software, technology, etc..make all possible, but what about
personal passion ? Call it snobbery or whatever you want, but what
really counts is how do you personally feel about it...let the others
think as they want, I don't care. Professionals among us have certainly
another criteria to follow, they have to deliver in order to earn they
living, often leaving personal passion aside....but then, for us,
amateurs, I think the joy of the action, using the gear we want (and can
afford) is no less improtant then the final result. That's my take on
the issue.

Alex