Subject: [Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Tue Sep 18 12:01:57 2007

Doug

Deep down I do hope I am wrong but I remain unconvinced. Given the
fall in prices of R kit there is no reason why Leica can't come clean
about their plans - unless they don't have any. The M8 has
re-established Leica's mark within the rangerfinder community by
building on its dominant position within the quality segment of that
market. Taking on the DSLR market can only be done with a strategic
relationship with a significant player and I think that in itself
means a change of mount. I anticipate they will build on their
strengthens and design quality glass to fit onto one or more viable
ranges of DSLRs. Panasonic 4/3rds seems to be the only player at the
moment.

Chris B