Subject: [Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 20:15:54 2007

Chris,

What fall in prices?  They still sell for the same as they always have.
Every lens I have seen at a dealer has been at list price or just a tad
below, same as always.  If you are talking about used, they have never been
high priced on the used market.  That is how i have bought just about all my
R lenses.  I see no change in prices new or used.  The dealer in Dallas
seems to think the R10 will be out in the next year or not much more than a
year.  That and the fact that the R lenses can be used with the 4/3 cameras
and on Canon DSLRs there seems to be a steady movement in R lenses.  Not as
fast as M lenses, but still steady for some time now.  The DMR actually
caused a rise in R lens sales, and there was a slight rise in used prices.
Lets face it DSLRs are the major market these days, and even with the
popularity of the M8, Leica cannot survive on just M sales, they need the R
line to survive.  They need to put more effort in this direction and do a
better job at promoting them.
 Optically the R lenses are excellent and every bit worthy of the name Leica.

Gene

-------------- Original message from "Christopher Birchenhall"
<crbirchenhall@googlemail.com>: --------------